If you’re home is in need of repair you may qualify for the Housing Rehabilitation Assistance Program (HRAP)
The Prince George’s County Department of Housing and Community Development has partnered with Housing Initiative Partnership and the Redevelopment Authority of Prince George’s County to provide home improvement loans of up to $60,000 to eligible homeowners who need to make repairs on their homes.
- Must own and occupy a home in Prince George’s County
- Must be current on mortgage payments, property taxes and property insurance
- Cannot have an “underwater” mortgage
- Total household income may not exceeds the program limits; see website for income limits: http://hiphomes.org/wp/wp-
- Health Hazards: Lead, mold and asbestos abatement
- Safety and Code Compliance repairs: Roof, electrical systems, plumbing, flooring
- Energy Efficiency: Windows, insulation, air sealing, siding
- ADA related improvements: Ramps, grab bars, railings
- 0% interest, no monthly payments
- Maximum Loan Amount of $60,000
- Loans are repaid in full when the house is sold or transferred
- Maximum LTV 110%
How to Apply
- Call Housing Initiative Partnership, Inc. (HIP) at 301-699-3835 to request an application.
Sylvia Griffin is a native Washingtonian who is a licensed full-time Real Estate Agent with Exit Landmark Realty located in Clinton, MD with over 16 years of experience in real estate. She specializes in representing my clients in the purchase and sale of single-family, townhomes, condo and rental residences.